ctakes-user mailing list archives

From samir chabou <samir...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cTakes Document Preprocessor Component Error
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 20:24:36 GMT
try to rerun the jCasGen in the TypeSytem tab

On Thursday, November 14, 2013 2:42:13 PM, digital paula <cybersation@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello cTakes Community,

I'm back after hanging out with the UIMA guys :-) for a while, getting a better grasp of
the UIMA framework that cTakes sits on.    I'm exploring and understanding cTakes components
and starting with the Document Preprocessor:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/cTAKES+3.0+-+Document+Preprocessor

I loaded the testpatient_cn_1.xml file in the CVD cTakes launcher and loaded the AggregateAE
descriptor.   It loaded but when I ran it, I got the following error:

Caused by: org.apache.uima.cas.CASRuntimeException: JCas type "org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.textspan.Segment"
used in Java code,  but was not declared in the XML type descriptor.

I looked in the AggregatorAE descriptor file along with it's dependency CdaCasInitializer.xml
and see both have nothing in the Type System tab however I do see a handful of types specified
on the Capabilities tab including "org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.textspan.Segment"

So I added Segment type to the Type System tab.  I reran and got this error:

11/14/13 2:23:39 PM - 14: org.apache.uima.tools.cvd.MainFrame.handleException(527): SEVERE:
Feature "id" is not defined for type "org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.textspan.Segment".
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.AnalysisEngineProcessException: Feature "id" is not defined
for type "org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.textspan.Segment".

Is there a file descriptor already setup maybe in another install with the necessary types/features
to run the Document Preprocessor or will I manually have to add all of them?   If not, I'd
like to use UIMAfit to create the types/features to use with the Document Preprocessor as
opposed to manually updating this descriptor with all the types and features needed.   Can
someone advise?

Thanks.

Regards,
Paula