ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Miller, Timothy" <Timothy.Mil...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: Analyzing and processing cTakes NLP output
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 11:24:12 GMT
Hi Paula,
The typical way we visually inspect this information is in the CVD tool. Then for more systematic
access and processing we usually will write java code around an annotator that will use the
ctakes API and typesystem to extract what we need. Looking directly at the xml is usually
about as useful as you seem to have found it (i.e., not very :) ).

What task are you trying to accomplish? If you just want to see what concepts are found for
one file at a time that can be done in the CVD. If you are having trouble finding what you
need there let us know. If you want an output file with all terms that were listed in any
given input file that would probably require a little bit of programming.

Tim