ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Murphy, Sean P. [RO BIT]" <Murphy.S...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: DrugNER annotation
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 15:17:58 GMT
This is more of a limitation of what the RXNORM UMLS dictionary provides (http://rxnav.nlm.nih.gov/).
 They do provide tools such as RxNav which allows querying medications to see what is available.
                Thanks,
                                ~Sean

From: user-return-289-Murphy.Sean=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org [mailto:user-return-289-Murphy.Sean=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Chase Master
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 10:12 AM
To: user@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: DrugNER annotation

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out why the DrugNER module excludes NACL or NACL 0.9% from the medication
mentions.  I don't see it on the exclude list (and even so I've commented out most of the
excludes in dictionaries/dictionary/excludeList for now).   Is it because NACL needs to be
mixed with something else to be considered a medication?  Is there a way to look at what's
included in GAZ_RXNORM?

Thanks