ctakes-user mailing list archives

From samir chabou <samir...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: examples of relation extractor annotations
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2013 13:56:33 GMT
Thanks Dima for these extra info. that may help me
I'll try it and let you know.
Samir

________________________________
 From: Dmitriy Dligach <dmitriy.dligach@childrens.harvard.edu>
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org; samir chabou <samirchb@yahoo.com>; "user@ctakes.apache.org"
<user@ctakes.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 4:43:15 PM
Subject: Re: examples of relation extractor annotations

Samir,

Actually, the relations are represented in the type system differently.
Please take a look at the BinaryTextRelation type. If you'd like an
example of how to iterate over the relations, take a look at
ctakes-relation-extractor/src/main/java/org/apache/ctakes/relationextractor/pipelines/RelationExtractorConsumer.java.

Once you get a hold of each BinaryTextRelation, you can determine the
relation type by looking at the 'category' attribute.

Dima

On 09/23/2013 06:43 PM, samir chabou wrote:
> Hi Dima,
>
> I run RelationExtractorPipelineSingleCas.java and i got
> degree_of(severe pain/3, severe/2)
> degree_of(pain/3, severe/2)
> location_of(pain/3, wrists/6)
>
> but when i run UIMA_CVD--relation-extractor.launch - or UIMA_CPE--relation-extractor.launch
on the hurd coded text  "He still is not able to work because of severe pain involving his
wrists." there is no annotation of type:
> org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.relation.LocationOf
> org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.relation.DegreeOf
>

> I need to identify the relations  by their annotation type so i can iterate on them
>
> Thanks
> Samir
>

> ________________________________

and see if it finds any relations in the hard-coded sample sentence. In that sentence

> "He still is not able to work because of severe pain involving his wrists."
>
> you should see the following relations:
>
> degree_of(severe pain/3, severe/2)
> degree_of(pain/3, severe/2)
> location_of(pain/3, wrists/6)
>
> which will be printed to the console. The numbers next to each argument are the UMLS
semantic types (e.g. 6 = anatomical site).

> Dima
>
> On 09/21/2013 11:00 AM, samir chabou wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I tried to get examples of relation extractor annotations using RelationExtractorAggregate.xml.
I tried the RelationExtractorAggregate on many input medical text but there was no annotation
for any kind of relation. I even tried the bellow text used in RelationExtractorAnnotatorsTest
but again no relation is annotated. Do you have idea or am i missing some thing ?