ctakes-user mailing list archives

From samir chabou <samir...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: examples of relation extractor annotations
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 22:43:44 GMT
Hi Dima,

I run RelationExtractorPipelineSingleCas.java and i got
degree_of(severe pain/3, severe/2)
degree_of(pain/3, severe/2)
location_of(pain/3, wrists/6)

but when i run UIMA_CVD--relation-extractor.launch - or UIMA_CPE--relation-extractor.launch
on the hurd coded text  "He still is not able to work because of severe pain involving his
wrists." there is no annotation of type:
org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.relation.LocationOf
org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.relation.DegreeOf

I need to identify the relations  by their annotation type so i can iterate on them

Thanks
Samir

________________________________
 From: Dmitriy Dligach <dmitriy.dligach@childrens.harvard.edu>
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org; samir chabou <samirchb@yahoo.com>; "user@ctakes.apache.org"
<user@ctakes.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2013 4:38:35 PM
Subject: Re: examples of relation extractor annotations

Samir,

Could you please try to run ctakes-relation-extractor/src/main/java/org/apache/ctakes/relationextractor/pipelines/RelationExtractorPipelineSingleCas.java
and see if it finds any relations in the hard-coded sample sentence. In that sentence

"He still is not able to work because of severe pain involving his wrists."

you should see the following relations:

degree_of(severe pain/3, severe/2)
degree_of(pain/3, severe/2)
location_of(pain/3, wrists/6)

which will be printed to the console. The numbers next to each argument are the UMLS semantic
types (e.g. 6 = anatomical site).

Dima

On 09/21/2013 11:00 AM, samir chabou wrote:
> Hi,
> I tried to get examples of relation extractor annotations using RelationExtractorAggregate.xml.
I tried the RelationExtractorAggregate on many input medical text but there was no annotation
for any kind of relation. I even tried the bellow text used in RelationExtractorAnnotatorsTest
but again no relation is annotated. Do you have idea or am i missing some thing ?
>        "He had a slight fracture in the proximal right fibula.",
>          "He had a slight fracture in the proximal right fibula .",
>          "PRP VBD DT JJ NN IN DT JJ JJ NN .");
>

> Thanks
> Samir

-- Dmitriy Dligach, PhD
Research Fellow
Children's Hospital Informatics Program
Boston Children's Hospital and Harvard Medical School
(617) 919-3596