ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: (CTAKES-104) Add new component to extract Allergies
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2013 17:20:05 GMT
Hi Kim,
cTAKES currently should already identify any allergies in the note that is available in UMLS
(for ex. medications, food, etc. as long as the sematic types are included.)
However, it doesn't return back any of the associated reactions (either known or explicitly
stated about the patient).
Open to ideas- especially if folks are aware of any dictionaries that contain that sort of
information.

--Pei