ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: LookupDesc_DrugNER.xml
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 17:01:12 GMT
Larry,
The LookupDesc* xml files are configuration files used by the dictionary look up component.
It essentially tells the component which dictionaries to use and how to use it.
One can configure things such as:

-          Where/What dictionary it should use (JDBC-hsqldb/mysql, etc.)

-          External resource key (physical path/connection props defined in the parent descriptor)

-          Which fields should be used to perform the lookup

-          What the lookup window should be (NP/Sentence, etc.)

-          Which algorithm to use (Defaults to

-          Group sematic types (tui's) into groups

-          Any Filtering/Excludes, etc.

Some examples that is bundled within cTAKES: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/trunk/ctakes-dictionary-lookup-res/src/main/resources/org/apache/ctakes/dictionary/lookup/LookupDesc_Db.xml

Note: The drugner dictionary shouldn't need to have it's own medications dictionary since
RxNorm is the dictionary-lookup-component already creates annotations for RxNorm.  I believe
there was a Jira about that already.

HTH
--Pei