ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Kline, Larry D" <Larry.Kl...@USONCOLOGY.COM>
Subject RE: LookupDesc_DrugNER.xml
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 17:48:06 GMT
Thanks James.  I took the LookupDesc_DrugNER.xml file that came with
cTAKES (2.5) and slightly modified it.  It seems to work but I just like
to know what the fields mean.  For example:

* dictionaries/dictionary/metaFields
No idea what these do.  I left them the same.

* dictionaries/dictionary/metaFields
I assume these words are excluded from consideration when looking up a
string in the dictionary

* lookupBindings/lookupBinding/lookupInitializer/properties
I read through some of the code of the initializer.  I can see what it's
doing, but exactly how these fields affect the results is not obvious to
me.  I guess windowAnnotations specifies which annotation type to
perform lookups within.  The others I don't understand.

* lookupBindings/lookupBinding/lookupConsumer
I defined a property for each of the fields stored in my lucene index,
but I'm not sure if I needed to do that. In the default implementation
the field typeIdField is used in the lookup consumer, but it is defined
nowhere in the xml file.

Some background: I build my own Lucene index from tables of FDB data
that we maintain locally.  So I'm not looking anything up in UMLS.  I've
defined my own lookupConsumer that gets the data from Lucene and I
defined my own DrugOntologyConcept (subtype of OntologyConcept) to hold
that information.

Thanks,
Larry