ctakes-user mailing list archives

From samir chabou <samir...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Concept annotation questions
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 16:29:33 GMT
Hi James and Pei,
I also need to know what is the medical type
(Sympto, Drug , procedure, relation) of a given word token. Since in the
typeystem hierarchy wordtoken is not under the same inheritance tree than
identifiedAnnotation . I’m currently iterating on all wordTokens and compare each
wordToken.CoveredText to the annotations.CovredText in the identifiedAnnotation.
I found this a long process. James, do you think the patch  <<I could
create a patch for you that would help with determining which words from the
text matched a dictionary entry >> that you are planning to
create will permit also this requirement ? or can you suggest me some thing
better than I’m currently doing.

Thanks
Samir

________________________________
 From: "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.James@mayo.edu>
To: "'user@ctakes.apache.org'" <user@ctakes.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2013 10:18:40 AM
Subject: RE: Concept annotation questions

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for explaining why you are interested in finding out which words in the original text
cause a particular concept to be annotated.  We are currently working on getting Apache cTAKES
3.1 out.  Depending on your timeline, after that is done, perhaps I could create a patch
for you that would help with determining which words from the text matched a dictionary entry,
rather than just the begin offset of the first word and the end offset of the last word.

As far as the chunking, the fact “liver” and “and” are being tagged as O-chunks explains
why the dictionary lookup component is not finding liver cancer or lung cancer in “cancer
of colon, liver and lung”

I’ll try that sentence with the latest chunker model (which will be in cTAKES 3.1) and see
if it assigns correct chunk tags for that sentence.

-- James