ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Austin Ziehl...@athena.apache.org
Subject RE: Managing cTakes application output
Date Mon, 06 May 2013 18:41:24 GMT
Pei
Thanks, this is helpful. I will look for the UIMA CAS Viewer and see what
that brings. I am still investigating options, and understanding how to get
info from medical record into a triple store is my ultimate goal. But cTakes
puts out way too much info. Before I invest in custom software solution I
want to make sure I am looking at a good path.

Any further info you might have will be a blessing to me.

Best Regards
Austin

From: Chen, Pei [mailto:Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu]
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2013 11:28 AM
To: user@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: RE: Managing cTakes application output

Hi A.Ziehlke,
Note: The CVD (CAS Visual Debugger) is an UIMA tool which is really helpful
visualizing a single result mainly for debugging purposes.  There are many
ways to customize the output of cTAKES.  Were you just looking for something
simple to visualize the xml output?  If so, then there is a tool called UIMA
CAS viewer [1] where you can import the xml and pick and choose the Types
you are interested in.
Alternatively, there are programmatic ways to customize the output: Some
examples include:
	1)      Writing a custom Java CASConsumer [2] where you can select
the Types that your application may be interested in.
	2)      There is a GU[3] I in the sandbox area which is intended to
make this easier for users to configure.

Hope that helps.
[1]
http://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-2.4.0/tutorials_and_users_guides.html#ugr.tug
.cpe.configurator_and_viewer