ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Austin Ziehl...@nike.apache.org
Subject Managing cTakes application output
Date Mon, 06 May 2013 15:11:28 GMT
Greetings all.

I am relatively new to cTakes, and am seeking some guidance on best
use/practices. Specifically on the output generated by cTakes CVD. The XML
output is verbose. I need to make that output more succinct to user needs.
Is there a way in CVD to scale down the output, customize the output? Is the
generated output based/controlled on the data in the dictionaries? If CVD
does not allow customizing the output, do you have any suggestions on
secondary tools that will make it easier to get to the medical info and
hide/remove the lexical/grammar info. Is custom software necessary to parse
the data?

When I import the xml generated from CVD directly into Allegrograph, and
display in Gruff, the resulting graph is enormous for one medical record
entry. Perhaps there is some step between the output from CVD and the input
to a datastore that can reduce the data to a manageable state?

A.Ziehlke