ctakes-user mailing list archives

From David Kincaid <kincaid.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Feature not defined for type exception - need some help
Date Sun, 21 Apr 2013 20:37:38 GMT
Thanks for the reply. The problem was that I wasn't properly including all
of the cTakes libraries. I also discovered UIMAFit which makes things so
much easier. Especially for those of us that despise using XML for
configuration. It's been quite a weekend trying to figure all of this out
(UIMA and cTakes both). Not being an Eclipse user has made things even more
difficult since both projects assume that developers are using Eclipse for
their IDE.

The end result, though, is some pretty decent looking code that runs the
AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor with a FilesInDirectoryCollectionReader and
a CasFileWriter (which is CasConsumer turned into an AE since CasConsumer's
seem to be deprecated) in a pipeline.

My next step is to try to figure out the XCAS file format so I can do
something with the results. I'm sure I'll be back on with more questions.

Dave