ctakes-user mailing list archives

From giri vara prasad nambari <girinamb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UIMAFit and cTakes
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2013 18:34:32 GMT
Hi Pei,

It was really tragic incident. My thoughts and prayers are with Boston.

Regarding the UIMAFit and analysis engine issues, I did some trail/error
and was able to successfully get Clinical-pipe-line --->Analysisi
Engine--->Descriptors get loaded (after that Richard from UIMAFit chimed in
suggested alternative code to get this run).

But when I use this alternative code (shown below), I am getting ctakes
NullPointerException. Any input on this issue?

  AnalysisEngineDescription aaeDesc = AnalysisEngineFactory.
createAggregate(descPath) ;
  AnalysisEngine aee = AnalysisEngineFactory.createAggregate(aaeDesc);

*Getting following Exception:*

WARNING: The aggregate text analysis engine "AggregatePlaintextProcessor"
has declared the parameter , but has not declared any overrides.This usage
is deprecated.
org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: Initialization of
annotator class
"org.apache.ctakes.dependency.parser.ae.ClearParserDependencyParserAE"
failed.  (Descriptor:
file:/C:/workspace/DataAnalyisEngine/resources/ctakes-dependency-parser/desc/analysis_engine/ClearParserDependencyParserAE.xml)
 at
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.initializeAnalysisComponent(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:252)
 at
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.initialize(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:156)
 at
org.apache.uima.impl.AnalysisEngineFactory_impl.produceResource(AnalysisEngineFactory_impl.java:94)
 at
org.apache.uima.impl.CompositeResourceFactory_impl.produceResource(CompositeResourceFactory_impl.java:62)
 at org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceResource(UIMAFramework.java:269)
 at
org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceAnalysisEngine(UIMAFramework.java:387)
 at
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.asb.impl.ASB_impl.setup(ASB_impl.java:254)
 at
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.initASB(AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.java:431)
 at
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.initializeAggregateAnalysisEngine(AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.java:375)
 at
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.initialize(AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.java:185)
 at
org.apache.uima.impl.AnalysisEngineFactory_impl.produceResource(AnalysisEngineFactory_impl.java:94)
 at
org.apache.uima.impl.CompositeResourceFactory_impl.produceResource(CompositeResourceFactory_impl.java:62)
 at org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceResource(UIMAFramework.java:269)
 at org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceResource(UIMAFramework.java:314)
 at
org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceAnalysisEngine(UIMAFramework.java:425)
 at
org.uimafit.factory.AnalysisEngineFactory.createAggregate(AnalysisEngineFactory.java:424)
 at com.dae.test.JcasParserTest.main(JcasParserTest.java:28)
 at clear.morph.MorphEnAnalyzer.<init>(MorphEnAnalyzer.java:111)
 at
org.apache.ctakes.dependency.parser.ae.ClearParserDependencyParserAE.initialize(ClearParserDependencyParserAE.java:136)
 at
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.initializeAnalysisComponent(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:250)
 ... 16 more

Here is the thread which lists the discussion I had with Richard from
UIMAFit.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/uimafit-users/yI0NT2HynU0

I hope this will be last hurdle to overcome to get my code running as java
client.

I am allowed to use Maven (and this is eclipse project), but I don't have
first hand experience with it yet, so prefer to hold until one level of
flow is ready, which gives me comfort to work on improvements.

Thank you,
Giri