ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Regarding Entity Recognition
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 19:19:26 GMT
Hi Ravi,
Yes, in your example "knee pain", the default behavior in the dictionary lookup will create
3 IdentifiedAnnotations
"knee", "pain", as well as "knee pain".

[Assuming the terms exist in the UMLS dictionary]
--Pei

From: ravi garg [mailto:ravigarg27@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 3:06 PM
To: user@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Regarding Entity Recognition

Hey,
First of all Congrats for building such a wonderful software. I am very new to cTAKES so had
a very basic question to ask.
My query is Is it possible to identify multiple words as a single entity, for eg right now
knee pain gets identified as 'knee' and 'pain', but is it possible to get 'knee pain' as single
identity. If so what all changes I have to make to get going.

--
Ravi Garg
3rd Year