ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: How to relate concept types?
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 19:49:54 GMT
Hi Giri,
1)  There is currently a ctakes-relation-extractor component that extracts Location_of and
Degree_of between UMLS concepts.
2)  For all of the available types, check out the type system UML:
http://ctakes.apache.org/user-faqs.html#what-are-the-available-attributes-types-in-ctakes

________________________________
From: giri vara prasad nambari [girinambari@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2013 12:50 AM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org; user
Subject: How to relate concept types?

Hi Team,

How are you?

1) While continuing with experiments I am stuck at relating concepts from annotated text ,
example, relating PROBLEM and TREATMENT concepts.

For example, while running the example text we have in ctakes user guide, we are getting
Hyperlipidemia as PROBLEM
Pain (Knee)  also as PROBLEM
and
ASPRIN as TRETMENT

Now, I am struggling to figure out how to associate ASPRIN to KNEE PAIN? while extracting
Features. Any other annotators (or) AE available for this purpose?

Any inputs would be really helpful.

2) Is there any documentation which lists all possible CONCEPT TYPE
 values?

Thanks for your time and help.

Thank you,
Giri