ctakes-user mailing list archives

From Tim Miller <timothy.mil...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: concept identification query
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2013 13:24:36 GMT
Niall,
I'm sure Pei will get back to you soon, but just wanted to let you know,
many of those entities will be found by the standard ctakes
installation. I get aphasia and stomach.  It does not get blood
pressure, I think because this is filtered out by UMLS semantic class -
I think it is categorized as a "measurement," and cTAKES will find
things like disease/disorder, signs/symptoms, and a few others, which
this does not fit into exactly.  It may be worth thinking about how to
include it if it will be useful. In this example it looks like it's
linked to some assessment "HB +20%", I assume that is some measurement
that would be useful to extract?
Tim