ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Information Extraction using ontology
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2012 15:31:28 GMT
Hi Deepal,
Within the dictionary lookup component, you can also plugin other custom dictionaries in additional
to the UMLS ones.
The dictionary itself can be in different formats (MySQL, HSQLDB, Lucene, CSV text file) and
could be configured via the xml files.
Is this what you were referring to?  Do you have an example of "mapping terms to the corresponding
classes?"
Just curious, Is the heart ontology a subset of UMLS?

Thanks,
--Pei