ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: adding a Cas Consumer to cTAKES.
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 21:58:40 GMT
Hi Leonard,

Thanks for the question.

Did you download cTAKES or did you check it out of SVN? (the layout is different between the
source version in SVN and the 'installable' version.)

If you downloaded it and especially if you are using runctakesCVD or runctakesCPE, those use
the .class files within cTAKES.jar, not within the bin directory.
If that is the case, add your jar (or whatever directory you are using such as bin) to the
classpath within runctakesCVD or runctakesCPE

If that does clear things up, just post back with the answer to the question above, and also
mention which version of cTAKES you are using, and I will try again.

Regards,
James Masanz

From: ctakes-user-return-3-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@incubator.apache.org [mailto:ctakes-user-return-3-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@incubator.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Leonard Jacuzzo
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 4:24 PM
To: ctakes-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: adding a Cas Consumer to cTAKES.

Dear list,

I am attempting to add an RDF Cas Consumer to cTAKES and I am having a bit of difficulty.

I buit a .jar for the consumer and added it to the lib. file...the error says it cannot be
found.

So I took the java class and put it in the core.cc file with the other consumer classes and
that did not work either..same error cannot find it.

Is there a trick to adding consumers to the cTAKES build?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,
Leonard