ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Tomasz Oliwa <ol...@uchicago.edu>
Subject cTAKES Couldn't find parse for:
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2016 19:01:20 GMT
Hi,

I am sometimes seeing the "Couldn't find parse for" message in the terminal from cTAKES, I
assume it is from the MaxentParserWrapper.

However, in the CVD I can still see the TreebankNode entries with a tree and nodes with a
grammatical nodeType in these cases. How is this possible? What actually does happen when
"Couldn't find parse for" occurs? What entries in the CAS do not get populated?

You can try it with the following sentence in the CVD that triggers a "Couldn't find parse
for":

., Claim., ,.,;"

Regards,
Tomasz