ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Miller, Timothy" <Timothy.Mil...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: cTAKES Couldn't find parse for:
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 17:44:28 GMT
IIRC, the "couldn't find parse" message is internal to opennlp so we weren't able to turn it
off, but then we create a simple flat analysis using POS tags for sentences with parse failures.
You may need to verify this but that is to the best of my recollection.
Tim

From: Tomasz Oliwa <oliwa@uchicago.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2016 3:01 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: cTAKES Couldn't find parse for:

Hi,

I am sometimes seeing the "Couldn't find parse for" message in the terminal from cTAKES, I
assume it is from the MaxentParserWrapper.

However, in the CVD I can still see the TreebankNode entries with a tree and nodes with a
grammatical nodeType in these cases. How is this possible? What actually does happen when
"Couldn't find parse for" occurs? What entries in the CAS do not get populated?

You can try it with the following sentence in the CVD that triggers a "Couldn't find parse
for":

., Claim., ,.,;"

Regards,
Tomasz