ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Finan, Sean" <Sean.Fi...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Help needed with document creation time/date
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2016 18:41:47 GMT
Hi Peter,

Our group has used two different approaches, depending upon the note type:
1.  Use a custom AE that creates creation time based upon a regex.  This works well for notes
that have a header or footer with a known format.
2.  Use the last normalized temporal expression.  For my test notes this worked more frequently
than you would think (~90%), but I would not go this route unless you have thoroughly thought
about what is in your notes and how you are going to use the document creation time.

That is all that we've done with respect to getting the creation time from the actual text.
 If you have any kind of structured data tied to the note that indicates date, then you can
tie things (e.g. doctimerel, doctime) together post-process.  We are doing this in one project.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Abramowitsch, Peter [mailto:pabramowitsch@hearst.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 2:33 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Help needed with document creation time/date

Hello All

How can I get Ctakes to deduce the document creation datetime from the text.  I have a pipeline
including the following engines Basic Token Processing FastUMLS

Zoner

ClearNLPDependencyParserAE

PolarityCleartkAnalysisEngine

UncertaintyCleartkAnalysisEngine

HistoryCleartkAnalysisEngine

ConditionalCleartkAnalysisEngine

GenericCleartkAnalysisEngine

SubjectCleartkAnalysisEngine

EventAnnotator

AnalysisEngineFactory.createEngineDescription(CopyPropertiesToTemporalEventAnnotator.class)

DocTimeRelAnnotator

BackwardsTimeAnnotator

EventTimeRelationAnnotator

EventEventRelationAnnotator

I see that there is a DocumentCreationTime type, but it seems to be initialized from inside
one of the ClearTKAnnotators.

I cannot find any documentation and don't know if it is looking for particular manifestations
in the text or whether a property needs to be set externally on the JCAS or one of the SOFAs.

Any help out there? Examples?

Many thanks,

Peter