ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Abramowitsch, Peter" <pabramowit...@hearst.com>
Subject Re: Help - cTakes with UMLS and Ytex
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2016 20:24:23 GMT
I'm not sure of Ytex adds another requirement, but is there any reason you
can't just download the pre-built UMLS tables and use the internal Ctakes
hsql DB mechanism as documented here? :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/cTAKES+3.2+Dictionaries+
and+Models.

I would also choose the 'Fast UMLS analysis engine' as the original UMLS
engine is far too slow for parsing more than a couple of words at a time.
You can see why it is so slow when stepping through the classical UMLS
engine with a debugger.    The fast AE lookup mechanism, however, is
brilliant!

You won't need Oracle at all for this.

Peter