ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Jan Zieher" <JZie...@gmx.de>
Subject ctakes 3.2.2 AggregatePlaintextFastUMLSProcessor webproject integration
Date Mon, 16 May 2016 18:08:23 GMT
Hey,
I created a java webproject in netbeans 8.1 and integrated ctakes with the libs of the 3.2.2
binaries download, its desc and resource folder into the WEB-INF folder.
I would like to run the AggregatePlaintextFastUMLSProcessor AE. Through debugging the code
below worked, if I comment the following engines in the AE descriptor.

<node>HistoryCleartkAnalysisEngine</node>
<node>PolarityCleartkAnalysisEngine</node>
<node>SubjectCleartkAnalysisEngine</node>
<node>UncertaintyCleartkAnalysisEngine</node>

String s =  this.getServletContext().getRealPath("/WEB-INF/desc/ctakes-clinical-pipeline/desc/analysis_engine/AggregatePlaintextFastUMLSProcessor.xml");

File aed = new File(s);
JCas jcas;

    try {
        pipelineIncludingUmlsDictionaries = AnalysisEngineFactory.createEngineDescriptionFromPath(s);
        AnalysisEngine ae = AnalysisEngineFactory.createEngine(pipelineIncludingUmlsDictionaries);
        jcas = JCasFactory.createJCas();
        jcas.setDocumentText("Fx of obesity but no fx of coronary artery diseases");

        SimplePipeline.runPipeline(jcas, ae);

        // Print out the IdentifiedAnnotation objects
                for (IdentifiedAnnotation entity : JCasUtil.select(jcas, IdentifiedAnnotation.class))
{
                    System.out.println("Entity: " + entity.getCoveredText()
+ " === Polarity: " + entity.getPolarity()+ "Class:"+ entity.getClass());

                }
    } catch (UIMAException e) {
        // TODO Auto-generated catch block
        e.printStackTrace();
    } catch (IOException e) {
        // TODO Auto-generated catch block
        e.printStackTrace();
    }

If I uncomment the cleartk engines I get this class not found error, although the class exists
in the ctakes-assertion-3.2.2.jar.
org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: Initialization of annotator class
"org.apache.ctakes.assertion.medfacts.cleartk.HistoryCleartkAnalysisEngine" failed.
(Descriptor: file:/C:/Users/..../Documents/NetBeansProjects/mta.parser/target/mta.parser-1.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/desc/ctakes-assertion/desc/analysis_engine/HistoryCleartkAnalysisEngine.xml)

My first question is are these engines very necessary for the nlp results ?

Could this class not found error also belong to path problems caused by the webcontent location
?

Has anyone a project or description how to set up such a webproject ?

I would be very happy if someone could help me.

Best regards,
Jan