ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Geise, Brandon D." <bdge...@geisinger.edu>
Subject RE: Offline access
Date Mon, 16 May 2016 12:01:29 GMT
I haven't tried it and is a guess based on reading the code, but you might be able to change
the dictionary implementation name in the xml file from UmlsJdbcRareWordDictionary to ConceptFactory,
since Umls factory implements from ConceptFactory.

-----Original Message-----
From: Miller, Timothy [mailto:Timothy.Miller@childrens.harvard.edu]
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2016 2:28 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: Offline access

Well, before we had online verification ctakes required downloading umls, extracting the right
subset, and building a database for the dictionary tool. You can still do that - it is often
necessary for use cases that our default dictionary doesn't have coverage, and while I'm not
sure the state of documentation there have been several threads on the list about it. I think
if you do it this way you can skip the UMLS verification step (though I don't remember exactly
how that works) because you will have been verified at download time.

Can Sean or someone verify that this is true? If he builds his own dictionary (with the same
subsets) can he skip the online verification?
Thanks
Tim