ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cTAKES dirty on checkout
Date Mon, 16 May 2016 15:29:02 GMT
The Maven plugin for Eclipse that ships with modern Eclipse installations does automatically
derive them. No additional configuration is usually necessary.

There is an issue (and it even does have a patch attached):

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-386

If anybody feels like giving me commit access to the repo, I'll be happy to delete the files
and close this issue ;) (ASF username "rec")

People a local checkout would have to take care though, because updating from SVN would break
their local checkouts in Eclipse. They would have to remove the projects from the workspace
(not from disk) and re-import them using File-Import-Existing Maven projects.

Cheers,

-- Richard

> On 16.05.2016, at 16:34, Pei Chen <pei.chen@wiredinformatics.com> wrote:
>
> +1
> I think there was already a Jira to remove the Eclipse specific settings; or at least
make it automatically derived from the pom.xml’s.
> —Pei
>
>> On May 13, 2016, at 11:48 AM, Richard Eckart de Castilho <rec@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> when checking out the sources of cTAKES from SVN with Eclipse, most of the projects
are dirty because the Eclipse settings (.classpath and jdt.core.prefs) are in the SVN. The
particular difference is that on my machine, the projects are configured to use a Java 8,
while in SVN, it is configured to be a Java 7.

>> The parent POM of cTAKES states Java 8
>>
>> 		<maven.compiler.source>1.8</maven.compiler.source>
>> 		<maven.compiler.target>1.8</maven.compiler.target>
>>
>> Since the Eclipse files in SVN are at least outdated, maybe it would be a good idea
to drop the .classpath and jdt prefs files from SVN and prevent them from being committed?