ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Finan, Sean" <Sean.Fi...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: How to Produce a cTakes Executable in a server environment
Date Thu, 26 May 2016 18:36:34 GMT
Hi Jose,

There are a lot of ways to do this, and there are examples laying about.  I think that you
basically have a 3 step process:

1)  Run "mvn package" on the source to build the latest binary.

2)  Write a main(..) class that has something like:

    CollectionReader collectionReader = ------- your collection reader -------
    AnalysisEngine writer = -------- your cas consumer (db writer, stdout printer, xmi, etc.)
    AggregateBuilder aggregateBuilder = new AggregateBuilder();
    aggregateBuilder.add(ClinicalPipelineFactory.getFastPipeline());

SimplePipeline.runPipeline( collectionReader, aggregateBuilder.createAggregate(), writer );

3)  Run your main(..) with the ctakes lib and resources (etc) in the classpath.  Easiest way
might be to copy ctakes-distribution/src/main/bin/runctakesCPE and change the line near the
bottom where it executes java to point to your class.

I may have missed something, but that should just about do it.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Posada Aguilar, Jose David [mailto:joseposada@pitt.edu]
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 1:25 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: How to Produce a cTakes Executable in a server environment

Dear cTakes Community

Due to my use case I will need to run cTakes in a sever that cannot run any IDE.

I modified some portions of the source code and I will need to use all of the annotators inside
the AggregatePlaintextFastUMLSProcessor.xml.

I have tried Maven build and also running the class files directly from console but any of
those things seems to work.

What is the right way to do it?

Thank you in advance for all your help

Jose Posada