ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Pei Chen <pei.c...@wiredinformatics.com>
Subject Re: cTAKES dirty on checkout
Date Mon, 16 May 2016 14:34:27 GMT
+1
I think there was already a Jira to remove the Eclipse specific settings; or at least make
it automatically derived from the pom.xml’s.
—Pei

> On May 13, 2016, at 11:48 AM, Richard Eckart de Castilho <rec@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> when checking out the sources of cTAKES from SVN with Eclipse, most of the projects are
dirty because the Eclipse settings (.classpath and jdt.core.prefs) are in the SVN. The particular
difference is that on my machine, the projects are configured to use a Java 8, while in SVN,
it is configured to be a Java 7.

> The parent POM of cTAKES states Java 8
>
> 		<maven.compiler.source>1.8</maven.compiler.source>
> 		<maven.compiler.target>1.8</maven.compiler.target>
>
> Since the Eclipse files in SVN are at least outdated, maybe it would be a good idea to
drop the .classpath and jdt prefs files from SVN and prevent them from being committed?