ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Finan, Sean" <Sean.Fi...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: extending the cTKAES ontology to improve NER
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2016 13:55:05 GMT
Hi Joshua,

The fast dictionary module in ctakes can use flat files with ​_bar-separated values_​
(.bsv).  Checkout ​*ctakes-dictionary-lookup-fast-res/src/main/resources/org/apache/ctakes/dictionary/lookup/fast/example/bsv*​
for some example formats.  Start with ​*custom_cui_tui_bsv.bsv*​ as an example.  ​*CustomCuiTuiBsv.xml*​
is an example property .xml for configuration, but right now it is missing the last ​*bsv/*​
subdirectory.

I just invited you to a slack channel, where you can search for "bsv".

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Valdez [mailto:jdv12@case.edu]
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2016 2:05 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: extending the cTKAES ontology to improve NER

Hello,

So I'm pretty new to cTAKES and I am having difficulty finding documentation and manuals.

That being said, I am trying to find material on incorporating my own ontology into the UMLS
aspect of the cTAKES pipeline.  If someone could point me in the direction of any resources
that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

*Joshua Valdez*
*Computational Linguist : Cognitive Scientist : Data Scientist
                     *

Home:  (440)-231-0479 | Work: (216)-368-7560 jdv12@case.edu <jdv2@uw.edu> | jdv2@uw.edu