ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Finan, Sean" <Sean.Fi...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: cTAKES developer query
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2016 14:17:34 GMT
Hi Abhilash,

The fastest way to dive into ctakes development might be to look at org.apache.ctakes.clinicalpipeline.ClinicalPipelineFactory.java
It has a few methods that can build slightly different pipelines and a main(..) that will
run some fake text through a pipeline.

After that you can look at org.apache.ctakes.core.cc.property.plaintext.PropertyTextWriter.java
to see examples on how to extract information from the cas.

To see an example of a new annotator module, check out the ctakes sandbox and look at ctakes-allergy.
 It is really simple - one annotator class and another pipeline runner class.  But it has
all of the plumbing required to insert it into ctakes proper.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Abhilash Kasarla [mailto:abhilash.kasarla@abzooba.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2016 4:30 AM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: cTAKES developer query

Hi,
   I installed cTAKES 3.2 plugin for eclipse. I have followed the developer installation guide
from the website. But have no idea how to start developing and run the custom annotators.
Is there any developers guide/tutorial, to start learning to develop the cTAKES or understand
its working ?

Thanks,
Abhilash K