ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Miller, Timothy" <Timothy.Mil...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: umls graph api
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2016 18:47:09 GMT
No problem, glad you got it working and glad to hear someone is trying
it out.
Tim

On 01/29/2016 01:35 PM, Geise, Brandon D. wrote:
> Sorry for the trouble.  I rebuilt the graph database and it seems to pass the Junit test
now.

the test fails, do you see output from the other tests
> like:
>
> Ancestor (hypernym) is: C1304819
> Ancestor (hypernym) is: C0346629
> Ancestor (hypernym) is: C0009375
> Ancestor (hypernym) is: C0009373
> Ancestor (hypernym) is: C0006826
> ... (many more lines like this)
>
> If so, it could be that it is indexing correctly but my test is 2015AB specific somehow.
>
> Tim
>

> On 01/29/2016 01:12 PM, Geise, Brandon D. wrote:
>> java.lang.AssertionError
>> 	at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:92)
>> 	at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:43)
>> 	at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:54)
>> 	at TestGraphFunctions.testHypernyms(TestGraphFunctions.java:38)
>> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
>> 	at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:45)
>> 	at org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:15)
>> 	at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:42)
>> 	at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:20)
>> 	at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runLeaf(ParentRunner.java:263)
>> 	at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:68)
>> 	at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:47)
>> 	at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:231)
>> 	at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:60)
>> 	at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:229)
>> 	at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:50)
>> 	at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:222)
>> 	at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:300)
>> 	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:50)
>> 	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
>> 	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:459)
>> 	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:675)
>> 	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:382)
>> 	at
>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTest
>> Runner.java:192)

for the GraphFunction Junit test fails on the first assertion.  I'm using 2015AA and it doesn't
appear that the isa relationship holds true, unless I messed something up.  What UMLS version
did you test with?

>>> Thanks,
>>> Brandon

I think might be useful in ctakes. The repo is here:
>>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_tmill
>>> s_umls-2Dgraph-2Dapi&d=BQIFAg&c=qS4goWBT7poplM69zy_3xhKwEW14JZMSdioCo
>>> ppxeFU&r=Heup-IbsIg9Q1TPOylpP9FE4GTK-OqdTDRRNQXipowRLRjx0ibQrHEo8uYx6
>>> 674h&m=VF6tEMHRXUuomFk3Rma04eOozJC4amQHvm7PfAsXqvw&s=J_kg_cPwEhOWJIDI
>>> 06-lORddJf83jmbb_I-MwkC_3Zg&e=
>>>
>>> If you point it at your umls download you can build the db in about 5 minutes
(45 MB). Then the API has a class GraphFunctions with the following methods:

>>>   public static List<String> getHypernyms(String cui);
>>>   public static List<String> getHyponyms(String cui);
>>>   public static boolean isa(String cui1, String cui2);
>>>
>>> These make use of just the "isa" relation in the MRREL file, and
>>> could tell you, for example, that
>>>
>>> isa("C0007102",  "C3662248") is true (colon cancer is a finding) but that isa("C3662248",
"C0007102") is not true.

>>> If people find it useful enough we may wish to add it to ctakes and perhaps we
could redistribute this view of the UMLS subject to the same username checking we do now for
the dictionary. We may wish to include other relations and ontologies as well -- right now
just SNOMED. But this is the skeleton and I think with this starting point adding new capabilities
will be pretty easy.

>>> Tim
>>>

>>> IMPORTANT WARNING: The information in this message (and the documents attached
to it, if any) is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the
addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken, or omitted to be taken,
in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in
error, please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the documents attached to
it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may have created and notify me immediately by replying
to this email. Thank you.

>>> Geisinger Health System utilizes an encryption process to safeguard Protected
Health Information and other confidential data contained in external e-mail messages. If email
is encrypted, the recipient will receive an e-mail instructing them to sign on to the Geisinger
Health System Secure E-mail Message Center to retrieve the encrypted e-mail.