ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From John Travis Green <john.travis.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: ctakes blog
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2015 16:11:25 GMT
I think there is a lot of opportunity here to document things (e.g. Tutorials like how to setup
an annotator; I created a video for example that still needs posted somewhere to this effect)
that may not have a formal place on the website but need explaining. Example: given the number
of ancillary software (maven, uima, eclipse itself etc) there are some serious barriers to
would-be contributers who may not work with all of these technologies on a daily basis, if
ever. I think this might engender more community engagement. JG

---Sent from Boxer | http://getboxer.com

Excellent idea!

+1

--guergana

-----Original Message-----

From: Miller, Timothy [mailto:Timothy.Miller@childrens.harvard.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, December 8, 2015 4:41 PM

To: dev@ctakes.apache.org

Subject: ctakes blog

The recent discussion over dictionary building, and someone pointing out it has come up several
times, made me think that maybe we should use the blog space that apache provides. It could
be used for write-ups of things that are not quite as formal as "documentation" but would
benefit from being written down somewhere that is easier to search and link to than a mailing
list.

Any thoughts?

Tim