ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "John David Osborne (Campus)" <ozb...@uab.edu>
Subject lvg.properties InputStream Bugfix (Revision 1714695)
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2015 17:40:38 GMT
Hi Lewis and Pei,

Thanks for updating trunk to allow loading of LVG from a jar. Unfortunately I am still having
a problem using the ctakes default clinical pipeline (which calls LVG) without making modifications
to ctakes when bringing in ctakes from maven dependencies.

The problem is that the current fix reads in lvg.properties as an input stream (wonderful)
but then goes and copies lvg.properties to /tmp/lvg.properties

This can create a problem because only lvg.properties is copied across AND the lvg.properties
file is used to locate the rest of the needed lvg files. In most scenarios where ctakes-lvg
is brought in as a maven dependency I think those files are unlikely to be in /tmp (if it
even exists) or under the current working directory. My files for instance live under target/unpacked/org/apache/ctakes/lvg/

Maybe it would be better to allow the setting of the lvg.properties file path when creating
the annotator descriptor? I have such a fix in my checked out trunk of ctakes, but there may
be better ways of doing this...

 -John