ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Miller, Timothy" <Timothy.Mil...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: ctakes blog
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2015 18:41:53 GMT
So, it turned out we already had one setup for ctakes that wasn't being
used. But I think anyone in the PMC can sign up for access by creating a
JIRA item under the INFRA project asking for blog access to ctakes.

I think a great topic for a blog post would be how to use the dictionary
tool to build a custom dictionary. If anyone wants to volunteer please
sign up as above.

I would like to create one on how to scale with UIMA-AS and maybe one on
how to use ctakes as an API, schedule to be determined.

Tim

On 12/09/2015 11:17 AM, John Travis Green wrote:
> I think there is a lot of opportunity here to document things (e.g. Tutorials like how
to setup an annotator; I created a video for example that still needs posted somewhere to
this effect) that may not have a formal place on the website but need explaining. Example:
given the number of ancillary software (maven, uima, eclipse itself etc) there are some serious
barriers to would-be contributers who may not work with all of these technologies on a daily
basis, if ever. I think this might engender more community engagement. JG

> ---Sent from Boxer | https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__getboxer.com&d=BQIFaQ&c=qS4goWBT7poplM69zy_3xhKwEW14JZMSdioCoppxeFU&r=Heup-IbsIg9Q1TPOylpP9FE4GTK-OqdTDRRNQXipowRLRjx0ibQrHEo8uYx6674h&m=KfDEZkK8LpvsFFY55y4XCt2cUmab3IvXKgPNONjgSIg&s=RLiFd4TZtbdAxdB-ODdjWwQoVjyc8fghIe5-z2h27zI&e=

> Excellent idea!
>
> +1
>
> --guergana

up several times, made me think that maybe we should use the blog space that apache provides.
It could be used for write-ups of things that are not quite as formal as "documentation" but
would benefit from being written down somewhere that is easier to search and link to than
a mailing list.