ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Finan, Sean" <Sean.Fi...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Create next cTAKES release (3.2.3)?
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2015 16:09:26 GMT
Hi Pei, thanks for the link to our Jira dashboard.  From my 3 second run-through I would say
that there remains a lot of outstanding work slated for the 3.2.3 release.  Below are the
Blocker, Critical and Major items.  Some may actually have been or can be quickly resolved,
but it looks like we may have more than a few bumps to 3.2.4 if we want to push out a release.

I say in my bazaar way: release early, release often ...
+1 for bumps and release ... *but first some comments in Jira on the state of all listed below...

Can anybody confirm that our only Blocker (dependencies not in maven central) is still a problem?
 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-76
Where do we stand on the related Critical https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-138
?

Our other Critical item is PTB tokenizer breaking on apostrophes: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-74

A Major bug is FractionFSM incorrectly handling dashed ranges: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-341
 Britt, it looks like you might have a fix ready?

Another Major bug is for ytex UMLS.hbm.template.xml ... https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-302
Vijay it looks like you have a fix started?

Major bug for Missing Modifiers https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-213 ... Steve
indicates that this will require a lot of work.  Should we bump it or has somebody been making
progress?

A Major bug in Medication Strength parsing has sat since our original incubation, so I'm just
guessing that it hasn't been touched and will be bumped.  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-178

Major bug SimpleSegmentWithTags ... 5 char names ... has also been around single the continents
were formed.    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-155  I'd say a bump seems ok
except that there is an NPE ...

There is a patch posted for our good old blues brothers boys band "URI not hierarchical" on
the old dictionary lookup https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-388  Can anybody volunteer
to test and commit?  I think that this is basically the same problem relayed in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-320

We have two placeholders for 3.2.3 additions.  They should probably be added and (widely)
tested asap or bumped to the next release.
New Sentence Detector https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-380
ISO Time Normalizer https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-379

Has anybody started to tackle clean up / ?removal? of xml descriptors?  Tagged as Major improvement.
 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-328
This is related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-295 - for which Tim Miller
has done a lot of great work, but is still incomplete.  Do others have checkins awaitin'?
A related Major Improvement is updating/fixing the relation extractor xml: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-172

Another Major improvement is an lvg update.  Do we have time to play with this or should we
bump it? https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-388  Related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-122

Pei or Jay, are you ready to check in a working BigTop integration?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-314