ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Miller, Timothy" <Timothy.Mil...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: CR descriptor
Date Sat, 07 Nov 2015 11:46:12 GMT
Hi Yi-Wen,
There are different collection readers for different data sources, and we usually try to give
them descriptive names. FilesInDirectoryCollectionReader is one of the most useful ones --
it will look for a list of text files in a directory and put one file in each cas. If your
data is in that format or is easy to convert to that format that's probably a good starting
point.
Tim

From: Yi-Wen Liu <yiwenliu@usc.edu>
Sent: Saturday, November 7, 2015 12:59 AM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: CR descriptor

Hi,

I am looking for the main collection reader(CR) in cTAKES in order to do
scale out on UIMA DUCC. And in des/ctakes-core/des/collection_reader/,
there are multiple CR xml files. I am not sure which is the one that should
be specified in DUCC's job file...are they all necessary in cTAKES job or
some of them are offered for other reference?

I am not familiar with cTAKES structure so hope somebody can help me out,
thanks!

Thanks,
Yi-Wen