ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Finan, Sean" <Sean.Fi...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: How to find sub-entities using ctakes
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2015 13:51:31 GMT
Hi Yangrui,

Great question.  Right now I don't think that anybody has made an engine for ctakes that will
navigate and report using the full umls parent/child (or other) relation web.  I think that
such a task might be better left to post-processing, and perhaps some industrious soul out
there has made a tool that they can share ... ?

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Yangrui Guo [mailto:guoyangrui@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2015 2:44 AM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: How to find sub-entities using ctakes

Hi

I'm new to cTAKES. Right now I can use ctakes to extract entities such as disorders, findings,
anatomy. However the data in UMLS are hierarchically structured. Is it possible to retrieve
. For example when you parse "cancer" you will also get "leukemia" and "malignant tumor"?

Yangrui

Sent from my iPhone