ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Pei Chen <chen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can one pass UMLS username and password as API arguments?
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2015 17:44:59 GMT
Pete,
System.setProperty()?
Were you suggest we add an overloaded method?:
ClinicalPipelineFactory.getFastPipeline(String user, String pw) {}
It's not a bad suggestion- if you require it, feel free to create a
Jira or even better a patch...
--Pei

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 1:27 PM, Peter Szolovits <psz@mit.edu> wrote:
> I know that, but was asking specifically whether there is a way for this info to be passed
in by a program that embeds cTakes, without having to set environment variables or muck with
the java command line.

>> On Oct 26, 2015, at 1:18 PM, Finan, Sean <Sean.Finan@childrens.harvard.edu>
wrote:

>> You should be able to use ctakes.umlsuser and ctakes.umlspw in the command line or
as environment variables.  If your shell requires, you can replace the dot with underscore:
ctakes_umlsuser  ctakes_umlspw

>> Sean

like to be able to pass the user’s UMLS username and password when setting up the cTakes
API rather than embedding them in UIMA configuration files or having to give them as java
vm arguments.  E.g., at some place such as a call to ClinicalPipelineFactory.getFastPipeline()g.
 Is there a way to do this that I have not been able to find?  Thank you.  —Peter Szolovits