ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Benzschawel <ericb...@brandeis.edu>
Subject cTakes 3.2.2 CPE error
Date Sat, 31 Oct 2015 17:58:43 GMT
To whom it may concern,
I'm Eric Benzschawel, a masters student at Brandeis University. I'm
planning on using cTakes to help me process texts for my master's thesis,
but I'm having problems installing and running the program.

I've followed the cTakes 3.2 install guide twice, identically, and I can't
complete the CPE example on the bottom of the install page. I'm getting the
error:

Error: Could not find or load main class
.usr.local.apache-ctakes-3.2.2.desc.:.usr.local.apache-ctakes-3.2.2.resources.:.usr.local.apache-ctakes-3.2.2.lib.*

I'd be surprised if this error something that's specific to my local
install. I've successfully completed the CVD tutorial, but the CPE program
will be more relevant to my work. Do you have any resources you can point
me to for troubleshooting or any idea what might be causing this error?

Best,
Eric Benzschawel
Brandeis University
Computational Linguistics MA '16

Additional information:
Platform: Mac OSX El Capitan
Java version: 1.8.0_20
cTakes version: 3.2.2
UMLS resources included: yes
UMLS resources version: 3.2.1.1-bin.tar.gz
Downloaded additional ctakessnorx resources: yes