ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Thien Nguyen <nguyenminhbaoth...@gmail.com>
Subject Hard-coded paths in medfacts/cleartk
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 18:55:28 GMT
Hi all,

It's been awhile (some of you may remember me from ARC) but I'm working on
embedding the latest cTAKES 3.2.2 into some tooling. I ran into an issue
with classes in the `org.apache.ctakes.assertion.medfacts.cleartk` because
the analysis engines there have explicit paths for the
`ContextWordWindowExtractor`. For example:

    public class HistoryCleartkAnalysisEngine extends
        AssertionCleartkAnalysisEngine {
        private void initialize_history_extractor() {

            if(this.entityFeatureExtractors == null){
                this.entityFeatureExtractors = new ArrayList<>();
            }
            this.entityFeatureExtractors.add(*new
ContextWordWindowExtractor("org/apache/ctakes/assertion/models/history.txt")*
);
            this.entityFeatureExtractors.add(new
HistoryFeaturesExtractor());
        }

And this forced me to put those files into the root of my project (i.e.
/my-project/org/apache/ctakes/assertion/models/history.txt). Since it seems
all other resources have the paths configurable in the descriptor xml
files, should these follow suit and be considered a bug?

Thanks again for all your work on cTAKES. Fun to watch it go from
pre-Apache days to where it's at now.

Thien