ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Yangrui Guo <guoyang...@gmail.com>
Subject Unable to start cTAKES in Ubuntu
Date Sat, 03 Oct 2015 11:53:30 GMT
Hi,

I'm having trouble deploying cTAKES web client to Tomcat8 in ubuntu. I
successfully deployed the project in Windows. However when I tried to
deploy the war file Tomcat8 gave me an error

Connecting to
jdbc:hsqldb:file:org/apache/ctakes/dictionary/lookup/fast/ctakessnorx/ctakessnorx:

I've increased heap size with both CATALINA_OPTS and JAVA_OPTS to -Xms1024m
-Xmx4096m but the error persists. When I tried to perform a query the
servlet took me to a 500 page containing the following error:

javax.servlet.ServletException:
org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException:
Initialization of annotator class
"org.apache.ctakes.dictionary.lookup2.ae.DefaultJCasTermAnnotator"
failed.  (Descriptor: <unknown>)

which root cause is the aforementioned OutOfMemoryError.

My system is Debian 8.2 and the ram is 7.5G. How could I fix the error so I
can run my application?

Thanks,

Yangrui