ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Yi-Wen Liu <yiwen...@usc.edu>
Subject Running UIMA Apps on Hadoop
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2015 21:54:59 GMT
Hi all,

I am a USC student working on professor Mattmann's project "Integration of
cTAKES/UIMA and Apache Hadoop for the Shangridocs system", the proposal is
attached.
I searched many relevant resources of running UIMA on Hadoop, this is one
of them:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/UIMA/Running+UIMA+Apps+on+Hadoop

but it only provides very general explanations.

Has anybody gone through all the steps and succeeded? Hope you could
provide me some examples. Thanks!

And in the *Important Considerations*,
"1. The jar file created should *shave* all the classes, descriptors of the
UIMA app along with the map/reduce and job main class"

I think you mean "The jar file created should *have* all the classes...".
Is that correct?

Thanks,
Yi-Wen