ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Sangram Patil <sangr...@figmd.com>
Subject Re: Identification of prostatectomy
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 04:49:08 GMT
Many thanks, Sean!

I have patient-clinical-notes e.g.

   - 83 y.o. Asian gentleman who is status post a robotic-assisted radical
   prostatectomy in October of 2006 for pathologic stage T2c, Gleason 4+3
   prostate cancer excised with a negative surgical margin but benign glands
   at the margin.
   - The patient is a 73-year-old Caucasian  gentleman who is status
post radical
   prostatectomy in 2006.
   - Greater than 30 minutes of face to face discussion time were spent
   discussing the prostate gland, prostate diseases and prostate
cancer.  We discussed
   open radical prostatectomy, daVinci prostatectomy, external beam
   radiation, brachytherapy, cryotherapy, androgen deprivation, watchful
   waiting and HIFU.
   - We discussed different treatment options for prostate cancer. We
   discussed non-curative options including active surveillance and hormone
   therapy. We also discussed potentially curative options including surgery
   versus radiation and cryotherapy.

The note gets annotated using clinical pipeline -
AggregatePlaintextFastUMLSProcessor.
By searching keyword I can find a treatment. sometimes physician writes
about the discussion and sometime the actual surgery. Now I have problem to
finalise if the mentioned procedure/treatment is really happened or just
discussed.  I can't just rely on verb in the sentence.

Your help would help me a lot!

--
Sincerely,
Sangram Patil