ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Szolovits <...@mit.edu>
Subject Re: Can one pass UMLS username and password as API arguments?
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2015 18:06:50 GMT
Thanks, Sean and Pei.  Sean’s suggestion to set the properties via System.setProperty() works;
I had forgotten that this was doable in Java.  I think the suggestion of an overloaded method
is still a good idea, but I also don’t remember how to create a Jira.  —Pete

> On Oct 26, 2015, at 1:44 PM, Pei Chen <chenpei@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Pete,
> System.setProperty()?
> Were you suggest we add an overloaded method?:
> ClinicalPipelineFactory.getFastPipeline(String user, String pw) {}
> It's not a bad suggestion- if you require it, feel free to create a
> Jira or even better a patch...
> --Pei
>

> On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 1:27 PM, Peter Szolovits <psz@mit.edu> wrote:
>> I know that, but was asking specifically whether there is a way for this info to
be passed in by a program that embeds cTakes, without having to set environment variables
or muck with the java command line.

>>> On Oct 26, 2015, at 1:18 PM, Finan, Sean <Sean.Finan@childrens.harvard.edu>
wrote:

>>> You should be able to use ctakes.umlsuser and ctakes.umlspw in the command line
or as environment variables.  If your shell requires, you can replace the dot with underscore:
ctakes_umlsuser  ctakes_umlspw

>>> Sean

would like to be able to pass the user’s UMLS username and password when setting up the
cTakes API rather than embedding them in UIMA configuration files or having to give them as
java vm arguments.  E.g., at some place such as a call to ClinicalPipelineFactory.getFastPipeline()g.
 Is there a way to do this that I have not been able to find?  Thank you.  —Peter Szolovits