ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Finan, Sean" <Sean.Fi...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Can one pass UMLS username and password as API arguments?
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2015 17:33:52 GMT
POJ:
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/lang/System.html

System.setProperty( "ctakes.umlsuser", "Pete" );
System.setProperty( "ctakes.umlspw", "MyPassword" );

That should do it.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Szolovits [mailto:psz@mit.edu]
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2015 1:27 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: Can one pass UMLS username and password as API arguments?

I know that, but was asking specifically whether there is a way for this info to be passed
in by a program that embeds cTakes, without having to set environment variables or muck with
the java command line.

> On Oct 26, 2015, at 1:18 PM, Finan, Sean <Sean.Finan@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:
>
> You should be able to use ctakes.umlsuser and ctakes.umlspw in the command line or as
environment variables.  If your shell requires, you can replace the dot with underscore: ctakes_umlsuser
 ctakes_umlspw

> Sean

to be able to pass the user’s UMLS username and password when setting up the cTakes API
rather than embedding them in UIMA configuration files or having to give them as java vm arguments.
 E.g., at some place such as a call to ClinicalPipelineFactory.getFastPipeline()g.  Is there
a way to do this that I have not been able to find?  Thank you.  —Peter Szolovits