ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Miller, Timothy" <Timothy.Mil...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: type for lists/conjunctions
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2015 18:31:18 GMT
You could implement the annotator to create CollectionTextRelation object, which is just a
list of annotations I think. But that wouldn't distinguish it from other annotations using
that type like Coreference. Really I guess coreference and text lists should be child types
of that type.
Tim

From: Dligach, Dmitriy <Dmitriy.Dligach@childrens.harvard.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 12:01 PM
To: cTAKES Developer list
Subject: type for lists/conjunctions

Do we now have type in ctakes type system to handle lists and conjunctions such as in:

Evidence for metastatic disease in the [liver, spleen, pancreas or gallbladder].

The span I’d like to capture is in the square brackets. If we don’t have anything for
this type of annotation, would it be worth creating one? Maybe make it a subtype of IdentifiedAnnotation?

Dima

--
Dmitriy (Dima) Dligach, Ph.D.
Boston Children's Hospital and Harvard Medical School