ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "John Green" <john.travis.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Identification of prostatectomy
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2015 01:03:12 GMT
My appologies; this was already answered. Going thru old emails.

—

On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 6:53 AM, Finan, Sean
<Sean.Finan@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:

> Hi Sangram,
> Just fyi, users of some email apps (e.g. Outlook) may not be able to reply to a message
with a web address in the title.
> Now to your question:
>>69 y.o. Caucasian gentleman with a history of prostate cancer s/p open RRP in 9/2005
for a pT2c, GS3+4 prostate cancer excised with a negative margin.
>> on what basis I can make out if the patient has underwent prostatectomy
> The output has underlined "RRP" and marked it as a procedure with UMLS CUI C0194825 .
> As the author of the question, you probably already know that an rrp is a (radical retropubic)
prostatectomy.  However, if you did not then you can see that it is marked in the sentence
as a procedure, making it a candidate.  If you visit the UMLS metathesaurus https://uts.nlm.nih.gov/metathesaurus.html
and enter the CUI C0194825 .  The metathesaurus will display (among other things):
from the nlm: https://uts.nlm.nih.gov//license.html<https://uts.nlm.nih.gov/license.html>
> If you would like to have more information (such as term preferred text listing), please
add a jira item as a "nice to have" and maybe somebody will implement it.  It isn't in there
now because I didn't want the display to get cluttered.