ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Baechle <cbaec...@my.fau.edu>
Subject Re: Packaging Ctakes Application
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2015 13:22:29 GMT
I've noticed that the ctakes-distribution doesn't seem to package the
resources. Manually downloading the resources from the website and
following the directions for coping into the resources directory
solved the issues for me.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/cTAKES+3.2+User+Install+Guide

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 7:28 AM, Geise, Brandon D.
<bdgeise@geisinger.edu> wrote:
> As a follow-up I've followed the distribution packaging strategy to package my application
and I've gotten past the error below, but now I'm running into the error below:
> Caused by: org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: Could not access
the resource data at resources\org\apache\ctakes\dictionary\lookup\fast\cakesHsql.xml.

> I've double checked all my paths and tried changing from relative to absolute but still
no luck?  Has anyone run into this before and have a suggestion on where to look?

> Thanks,
> Brandon

 What I've tried is creating a single jar with all resources in the JAR and it starts loading
the models as expected for the TokenizerAnnotatorPTB (default from cTakes) but close to the
end of the loading the models I get a URI is not hierarchical error.

> URI is not hierarchical
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI is not hierarchical
>

> If I run the same from Eclipse it looks like
> 21 Sep 2015 09:47:19  INFO AbstractJCasTermAnnotator - Using dictionary lookup window
type: org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.textspan.Sentence

> Can someone offer some suggestions on the best way to package a maven application that
uses cTakes?  Based on another thread I have even tried to extract the resources folder and
specify in the classpath but I'm still receiving the same error.

> Thanks,
> Brandon
>

> IMPORTANT WARNING: The information in this message (and the documents attached to it,
if any) is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.
Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient,
any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken, or omitted to be taken, in reliance
on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in error, please
delete all electronic copies of this message (and the documents attached to it, if any), destroy
any hard copies you may have created and notify me immediately by replying to this email.
Thank you.

> Geisinger Health System utilizes an encryption process to safeguard Protected Health
Information and other confidential data contained in external e-mail messages. If email is
encrypted, the recipient will receive an e-mail instructing them to sign on to the Geisinger
Health System Secure E-mail Message Center to retrieve the encrypted e-mail.