ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Pei Chen <chen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bug in resource import in LvgAnnotator?
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2015 21:31:46 GMT
Hi Jakob,
Yes, there is currently a limitation in the LVG component to have
their jar unpacked and added to the classpath.
I think there is an outstanding Jira to enable it read it from a jar
like the rest of the jars.  (There are some limitations such as
hsql/lucene not being able to read directly from a jar hence it's been
outstanding.)
--Pei

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 4:26 AM, Jakob Rogstadius
<Jakob.Rogstadius@who-umc.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On line 579 in org.apache.ctakes.lvg.ae.LvgAnnotator there is the following resource
import:
>           ExternalResourceFactory.createExternalResourceDescription(
>               LvgCmdApiResourceImpl.class,
>               new File(LvgCmdApiResourceImpl.class.getResource(
>                   "/org/apache/ctakes/lvg/data/config/lvg.properties").toURI()))
>           );
>
> The .getResource() call breaks when the package is imported as a jar (from Maven central),
with an error stating that the "URI is not hierarchical". According to: