ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Devel <deve...@gmail.com>
Subject Allergy Annotator
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2015 16:41:27 GMT
Hi,

I would like to use/extend cTAKES to detect allergies.

In the cTAKES publication (2010)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2995668/ there is the mention
that: "Allergies to a given medication are handled by setting the negation
attribute of that medication to ‘is negated’."

However, in a post here in 2014 (RE: Allergy Indication) it is said that
cTAKES does not have a module for allergy discovery.

1. What is the current status of allergy detection in cTAKES?

2. I did some testing, while cTAKES discovers concepts about allegies
("wheat allergy" is found as C0949570), using "ALLERGIES:  PENICILLIN,
WHEAT" or "The patient is allergic to penicillin." does not give penicillin
or wheat annotations allergy status.

How would I go about detecting these allergy mentions?

Thanks,
Tom