ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Devel <deve...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Allergy Annotator
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2015 18:39:08 GMT
Sean,

It would be a wider net, such that if an allergy is mentioned in the
clinical note, this is captured in the corresponding IdentifiedAnnotation
(or alternatively, if the IdentifiedAnnotation class should not be changed
with a new attribute, in a separate allergy annotation).

This annotator would then have to of course run after the clinical pipeline
has run and discovered all IdentifiedAnnotations.

I am familiar with writing UIMA/cTAKES annotators, but not sure how a new
ML method could be integrated here for detecting allergies. Do you have any
thoughts about how to approach this in general?

Thanks,
Tom